Project on Integrated Economic Empowerment for poor and Marginalized Women and Girls in Lailay Maichew Woreda and Axum Town
Beneficiaries: Direct -400 women, indirect 11,500 people
Project goal and specific objectives
Goal:-Economically empower marginalized women and girls to lead better live
- Functional women empowerment support group is established in
- LailayMaichew and Axum wereda.
- The economic efficiency of 400 women/ girls and their wellbeing improved in LailayMaichew Axum woreda in Tigray region.
- Increased the awareness of 11,500 communities on women /girls over the economic role.
- Created access for technologies and information though establishing ICT centre.
- Supporting rural women
- Promoting entrepreneurship
- Guaranteeing social protection
- rising and strengthening Women’s Leadership
Strategies and approaches
- Trainings/Capacity Development
- EstablishIncome – generatingsystem
- Publicoutreach/ awareness raising
- Access, UseandpromotionofICT/Technology
- Utilizing native know-how
- Create linkage with local government or Non-Government institution
Planned Project out put
- Women economic involvement and effectiveness will be increased and women socially empowered and able to communicate by reading and writing.
- Gender is mainstreamed and women programme strengthened
- Enhanced understanding of women economic empowerment and women role for 11,500 women and members of large community
- Women functional networking will be established.
- Access to information technology increases
Planned activities VS performance
|No||Planned activity||Performed activity||Percentage of accomplishment|
|1||Launching workshop(60 participants)||A total of 74 participants have attended the workshop||119%|
|2||Provision of Business skill training for 400 women for 10 days||Provide 7 day training for 400 women||100%|
|3||provide start-up capital 400 women||The allocated start up is given to all (400) beneficiaries||100%|
|4||Life and Assertiveness skills Training for 100(3 days)||100 people are trained for 3 days||100%|
|5||train 2 FAL facilitators for 5 days||Trained 4 FAL facilitators||200%|
|6||Sensitization and consultation workshop for 120 people||The work shop is organized having 118 participants||96%|
|7||Training of trainer’s /TOT/ for 20 peer educators for 5 days||20 of them are trained||100%|
|8||Conducting Public awareness program for 11, 500 people||Public awareness is conducted 3710||32%|
|9||Provide 3 days training on saving and credit system/cooperative management for 25 SHG leaders||The training is given for 25 SHG leaders||100%|
|10||Provide 10 days livelihood technical training for 80 members||The training is provided for 90 members||112.5%|
|11||Provide basic computer skill for 40 women||The training is given as per the plan||100%|
|12||Provide Functional Adult Literacy Program for 60 Women||120 women are trained||200%|
|13||Develop facilitation guideline and manual on men and women roles in women economic empowerment/manual||It is developed and being used||100%|
|14||Men and women roles through community conversation/ reach 1200 community members /no of participants/||Reached 1200 community members||100%|
|15||Organize focus group discussion/interface meeting among 180 influential men and women participants||the discussion is conducted among 180 target groups||100%|
|16||Organise regular meeting every quarter||The meeting has been conducting organized as per the plan||100%|
|17||Establish one women/girls friendly ICT centre in the project area, and purchase one Computer and printer for the centre||The center is established||100%|
|18||Provide Stationary Materials and Pass Books support for 30 established SHGs/SACCOs||It is given for 30 of SHGS||100%|
|19||Establish functional and permanent women functional referral linkages among various actors/50 participants||Referral linkage is established||100%|
|20||Mass Education / Community Wide Event||To reach more than two thousand five hundred (2500) members||100%|
|21||Production and distributionof Poster and leaflets||These materials are printed both in Tigrigna and English language to deliver intended message to pass the community||100%|
- 300 women have started saving and 100 are in a process to generate additional income.
- The awareness level of the community members on gender equality is improved.
- 80 women are enabled to write and read.
- The lively hood of 400 women and their families is improved.
- The confidence of women is improved.
- Legal constraints to establish new SHG/SACOS.
- Delay in launching the project due to continuous revision of the project document by.
- Budgeting problem in the document as for example a single computer planned for 40 people with very small budget for perdiem for trainees.
- Delays in budget release.
- Transport facility problem