PROMOTING REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH: LIVELIHOOD ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION
Updates on MULU Worksite HIV Prevention Project
June 15, 2017
Performance of planned activity;
- Reach work force with peer based small group discussion: The target for the reporting month was 2500. However, 1500 discussants have participated on small group. The target was under the plan due to the seasonal flow of workforce. During this month, number of workforce has decreased.
- Peer discussion with FSW: Peer discussion with female sex workers was one of the activities which took place during the reporting month. 240 FSW’s have participated and learn from the topics raised during the discussion.
- Condom distribution: In the reporting period, 33,000 condoms were distributed.
- Summary of performance: the project accomplishment within the month is going according to the plan. Discussions were held and the Supportive supervisions were conducted.
|S/N||Indicator||Project Status||Project status by %||Remark|
|1||Number of workforce addressed with small Group Discussion||2500||1500||75%|
|2||Number of FSW that participated in the peer discussion||200||120||60%|
|3||Condom Distribution||43000||33000||76%||Will be achieved in June 2017|
Promoting community based HIV/AIDS prevention and care
Project location: Tigray Regional state Dansha woreda(3kebeles).
Objective of the project: To contribute to the national target of reducing new HIV infections by the end of 2016 there by strengthening HIV prevention endeavors.
Donor: World learning/ USAID
#Reach work force with peer based small group discussion.
#Peer discussion with female sex workers.
#HIV testing and counseling.
#Awareness rose among the work force.
#FSW’s contraceptive method usage increased.
#HIV testing and counseling service is delivered for more than 4000 work force.
MULU Worksite HIV Prevention Project
Goal: To contribute to the national target of reducing new HIV infections and strengthening HIV prevention endeavors
Project area: Dansha (3 Kebeles)
Reported date: April 06, 2017
- Reach work force with peer based small group discussion: 2000 discussants have participated on small group. The discussions focused on HIV prevention mechanisms.
- Peer discussion with FSW: Peer discussion with female sex workers was one of the activities which took place during the reporting month. 120 FSW’s have participated and learn from the topics raised during the discussion.
- Condom distribution: In the reporting period, 18, 000 condoms were distributed.
- Provide HTC services: HTC service was provided for 969 persons in the reporting month. Accordingly, 21 persons found to be HIV positive.
- Distribute IEC/BCC materials to workforce: During the reporting month 1600 BCC materials are distributed for the work force.
WOMEN’S DAY CELEBRATION AXUM, Tigray Regional State.
New Millennium Hope Development Organization has been implementing a project entitled ‘Community Conversation to Change Challenges of Women ‘in Tigray Region, funded by USAID/World Learning.
The organization organized an event to celebrate Women’s Day (March 8) in collaboration with USAID/World Learning in Axum. The main purpose of organizing the event was to further enhance awareness on the effect of HIV/AIDS, Gender Based Violence, early marriage, STIs and other harmful traditional practices on women and advocate against the issues. More than 300 participants attended the program including senior government officials and experts.